Today I had my third session with Ivan. I discussed with him my first study task and explained how I struggled to be efficient with my research and also in realising the project. I said, or rather I asked if I could put off the second study task until later on as I didn’t want to be trying to do tasks 2 and 3 in one week because not only is it too much to do but I feel it would have a negative impact on the outcome. I have struggled with the first task because it is quite open and hard to get a focused angle on, and with this being my first week back at Uni I think it will take me a while to get back into the same working ethic I am used to. Therefore, trying to keep up with my other modules has resulted in me putting the blog for this module aside but I will ensure that there is enough content prior to handing in.

I realise that one of the differences from a BA to MA is there is much more emphasis on self managment and autonomy and so I think it is a good decision to manage my time and work in this way. This will allow me to start this weeks task and focus solely on this, and in turn will allow me the time to do other work for other modules. Whilst this is not the perfect scenario I am happy to do this as I feel it will benefit me in the eventual outcome of my work and I will be able to finish that task off when I have adapted to the study of the MA as at the moment I am struggling to keep on top off the work, however I do expect that to change!

This post has been very negative, so On the positive, here is my first study task.

Figure 1. 1 down, 6 to go...

Figure 1. 1 down, 6 to go…

Advertisements