Below is my plan for my essay based on the research and ideas I have developed so far. From here I can see where I need to keep developing my research and in what particular areas. Once I have this I can then decide how I will allocate word count towards each section and begin writing.
• Introduce Keen/ his book/ what he argues
• Introduce the concept of Participatory Culture
• Give a background/ historical context of Participatory culture and talk about the idea of why things spread and its relation to the importance of Participatory Culture
• Discuss Keen’s 4 ideas in relation to how he disproves the material that is produced from these mediums (Blogs / Wikipedia / YouTube / Social Media) BULK OF ARGUMENT
• Discuss Participatory Culture as a learning and development tool within education
• Discuss the idea of participating via the democracy of free speech online